World Merino Conference Uruguay Fellowship 2018
The World Merino Conference is held every four years. In 2018 the city of Montevideo, Uruguay, South America will host the 10th World Merino Conference.
The Conference will attract delegates from other member countries such as Argentina, Hungary, Kazakhstan, New Zealand, Portugal, Russia, South Africa, Spain and the USA.
It is anticipated there will be over 80 delegates attending from Australia over the Conference period, 6th – 15th April 2018.
Keynote speakers will present a range of industry topics at the Sheraton Hotel in Montevideo. Pre-Conference arrangements include site visits to merino studs, woollen mills and a day of show and judging.
Merino SA is very excited to offer a Fellowship for a young person currently involved in producing merinos to attend the 2018 World Conference. As we look to the future, we believe this Fellowship will provide an incredible opportunity for an outstanding young Australian to meet with the international merino community, and gain an insight into industry developments across the world.
The Fellowship includes :
* Pre-Conference and Conference package as outlined in the Swagman Tours Uruguay Trade Mission Package 1. This package includes return airfares from Sydney - Uruguay, accommodation, pre – Conference tours and Conference at the Sheraton Hotel, Montevideo. Tour Departs Sydney 6th April, departs Montevideo 14th April .See itinerary details attached.
NB: Some meals will be additional, drinks not included. Flights Adel – Syd and any post -Conference tours or alterations to be at the Applicants expense.
Who can apply
Applicants must be :
- aged between 18 – 30 years old ( as at 31st December 2017)
- residents of South Australia
- be engaged in the production of Merino or Poll Merino Sheep (Stud or Commercial).
- Prepared to speak about their experience and insight into the Conference on their return at various industry engagements, including the National Merino Challenge in Adelaide on the 19th & 20th May, 2018
How to apply
- Applicants are to create a video of no more than 3 minutes in length.
- The video should provide some insight into the current role of the applicant, their ambitions and personality. Tell us who you are, and why you should be selected as an ambassador for Merino SA in attending the World Merino Conference in Uruguay.
- Upload your video application to YouTube and email the link to email@example.com along with a letter of recommendation from someone you work with (not family).
Please hurry. Applications close 30th November 2017.
- Selection will be made by a panel of four members of the Management Committee of Merino SA.
- Selection will be based on:
- Commitment to developing industry knowledge
- Ability to convey ideas in an engaging manner
- Demonstrated passion for the industry
All Applicants will be notified by 8th December 2018. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
- As representative of Merino SA, the applicant will conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- The successful applicant must be willing to provide regular updates (photos, blog posts etc.) during the conference to be used across Merino SA social media items (including Pre - Conference)
- The successful applicant must be willing to speak at the National Youth Challenge in Adelaide on the 19 & 20th May about their experience in Uruguay
- The Fellowship is not redeemable for cash
- The Fellowship is not transferrable
- Applicants must have a valid passport including 6 months post - Conference
- Applicants to provide their own travel insurance